Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Thirteen Years Later
In March 1996 Steve and I left Montgomery (TX, not Alabama - my home town) as a couple and moved to Austin. Thirteen years later we are returning to Montgomery, but this time as a family of five. Over the years we have visited my parents and the girls - Hailey, Brooke and Kelly all love spending time with Paw Paw and Maw Maw in the "country". According to Hailey, "the country" is the 50 acres that my parents call home. I feel like I have personally been around the world in the last 13 years...let me tell you why. We were in Austin for 6 months and left there for a job opportunity for Steve and landed in Mineral Wells (aka Miserable Wells). Jennifer (a friend of mine at work) keeps referring to Montgomery as "the sticks". Jennifer.... Mineral Wells is "the sticks". I have never been so miserable in all my life! By April of 1997 we had moved to Weatherford and were expecting a baby girl in September 1997. Hailey was born 9/6 missing her Dad's birthday by 3 days... he was disappointed. We were there for a couple of years before moving to Arlington in the summer of 2000. We FINALLY settled in Arlington close to Steve's family (aahhh) and had two more sweet baby girls (Brooke born in 2002 and Kelly Grace born in 2003). I thought Arlington was it, but God had other plans for us. We're moving AGAIN... and Steve and I are both excited about the opportunity for the girls to experience the "country" life on a regular basis, to be raised in a much smaller town and to attend a much smaller school district. Montgomery... here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We sure are going to miss you here in Fort Worth.
Post a Comment