Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Four becomes two

The girls and I have been watching this bird nest for several weeks now. When we first noticed there were 4 eggs (blue in color with light brown speckles) and a storm came through and two eggs ended up in the grass. Hailey really wanted to pick the eggs up and place them back in the nest. I thought by doing so the mother bird would leave and not come back. Steve told her to give it a try. She did and before we knew it the mother bird was back protecting all four eggs. I took this picture this afternoon to realize two of the eggs are gone again. We had some more bad weather so I'm assuming the same thing happened; however, this time the eggs are not on the ground. We can't find them and that makes us sad. We'll continue to keep a close eye on these two and we can't wait to see the baby birds. This is a new experience for the girls. Once again, something else they may not have experienced in "the city."

1 comment:

Cari said...

The fact that there are pictures on your blog now is not lost on me. I am super proud of you! Bravo!